Not sure he's unhealthy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a school of ornate tetras there's one male that is aggressive towards other males while he's hanging out next to a female, he also loses his coloring one day but it's back the next, I see no eggs or anything for him to be acting this way but him losing his color (almost white with no red) has me wondering if he could be ill, I will try to get a pic but him and the female are hunkered down in a thick part of the plants

I wouldn't think you'll find eggs if they are breeding..I think tetras are egg scatterers ?
The last pic looks like a lemon with the other tetras ?
The first picture looks like a healthy fish IMO ..

I wouldn't think you'll find eggs if they are breeding..I think tetras are egg scatterers ?
The last pic looks like a lemon with the other tetras ?
The first picture looks like a healthy fish IMO ..
Yeah his colors back today, yesterday he was almost White with no color, just a faint pink in the tail, all Parameters are perfect so I dint know why he was washed out yesterday and the day before yesterday.

The lemons hang with the ornates but in the last picture the 2 im talking about are at the back wall almost out of the picture.

Update that same fish did pass one night after we lost power for 3 hours, I kept the tank from cooling down but I think he was being bullied and really stressed out, I'm thinking when the power cut out it sent him Over the edge stress wise (probably didn't help my nephew shined a super bright light in the tank when they were in the dark for 2 hours at that time which spooked the fish badly) he was getting stuck to the filter and swimming very oddly.

Back
Top Bottom