not sure if female betta is sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

titolatino1970

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
her param 20 gallon sorrority cycled 0 nitrites 0 amonia 76 nitrates like 5 temp 80
ok here goes she seems to have rouble lifting her but struggling to get to surface i but in plants and she looks like shes at half rest just sitting there
what could be wrong

I'm afraid I'm not really understanding what her behavior is and how it's different from her normal behavior. Can you please explain and use complete sentences. You may be missing a word here or there.

shes not swiming right she seems to be haveing trouble moving her hind end shes dragging her butt haveing trouble swiming to the surface i put in a plant and she hasnt moved she like struggling to move it

typo im sorry just dont no what wrong with her and has anyone else seen this before and most of all how to treat sorry about the typo once again

I'm trying to help diagnose but need more info.....

How long has the tank been up?

How long have you had the fish?

What else is in the tank with her?

tank cycled for 5 months sorrority up 6 month shes been there 2 month with her sibling sister shes a bluehalfmoon dragon with giant geno she is normal size everone else seems fine cleaned the tank last night vacumed 50 percent water change normal stuff check parameters just before posting they get fed 2 a day it switches from frozen bloodworms to kens pellets eveyonce in a while flakes kens for color frozen food 3 times a week terracota pots java moss java fern water lettuce lil jungle val

I have to ask that you please please please use punctuation. Your posts are difficult to understand.

Did you use your dechlorinator after your water change?

Are the other fish behaving normally?

yes and salt Indian almond leaves 2 hob filters 2 airstones and a power head

im starting to think dropsy

How much salt do you put in and how often? Bettas don't really need it.

Does she look pine-coned like she would with dropsy?

Maybe she's just old?

no shes not pineconeing at all she looks fine except she cant pick up her but

You're feeding them a lot, she might be constipated.

Fast the entire tank for 2 days and see if she gets better. Don't worry, I feed every 2-3 days, the fish do really well.

I am not positive, but it doesn't really sound like anything specific I can put my finger on. General weekness might be from bloat (you should do what LyndaB said).
Were you saying your nitrates were 76? Or the temperature was 76?

it was temp 76 ill try to fast everyone in the meantime i isolated her thanks

Back
Top Bottom