Not sure if male guppy sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearnostic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 5 guppies, 2 males and 3 females. A bit ago one of my male guppies was sick with an internal parasite. He stopped eating, his top fin was doawn and he wasn't very active, he wasn't a very happy fish. I moved him into a separate tank where I gave him some medication for his parasite. So far he seems to be better. He's alot more active, swimming around in his separate tank and his top fin is up on full display now. I'm assuming he's doing okay, but he still won't eat. I want to return him to the main tank, but I want to make sure he's 100% okay before I do.
Any food I give him (I give him one tetra tropical crisp just to see if he'll eat it) he ignores. Before he got sick he used to eat the food with no problem. I'm not sure what to do, can anyone help?

Try feeding him something different and see what happens. I`m not a FW person but over on the SW side if you have a finicky fish you can soak the food in garlic and it causes the food to be more apealing but wait for a FW person to confirm that you can do that in FW.

Back
Top Bottom