Not sure internal parasites or columnaris?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toledo419

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello, i have been fighting off nasty disease for a month now... its affected 28 blood red jewel cichlids and jack dempseys, and oscars and parrot cichlids... i originally believed it was columnaris and had thought it was gone after using kanaplex,fufan 2, maracyn 2.. the spots still have not gone anywhere and my fish still has one cloudy eye and the patch is still there ive also seen there slime coat coming off a little bit too.. im running out of ideas i started them on medicated bacterial and internal parasite food 2 days ago... but im starting to believe its internal parasites but the fish are too big to digest the small little food. heres pictures if anyone can give me any insight... ive also been putting aquarium salt in also

Attachments

• SAM_0376.jpg
    SAM_0376.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 70
  • SAM_0377.jpg
    SAM_0377.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 88
What size tank? How often do you do water changes? Internal parasites will show up in long stringy poo.

Your parameters and tank size are quite important in trying to help you figure this out.

i have seen white stringy poo in the tank.... i will run the test on the tank.... i used medicine that destroyed my nitrogen cycle because i didnt feel like losing over 125 dollars in fish and wanted the best method... so i started the new tank on a canister filter with daily water changes and back when they got the suspected internal parasites i was doing a water change once a week at 20-35% water changing.... since im in new setup with it ive been doing them daily and using prime.

they are in a 55 gallon tank momentarily while they are being aided..

How long ago did you switch the tanks? Keep doing the water changes daily. Keep feeding the medicated food for internal parasites. Rather than other meds try using some melafix and pimafix to see if you can ease the external symptoms. You might want to consider some Prazi Pro which will not affect your cycle.

i switched week and half ago to new one and where can i get the prazi pro

ive honestly been dealing with this for a good month already hopefully something will cure them

ive honestly been dealing with this for a good month already hopefully something will cure them

Are the fish eating? If they are the best course of action for suspected internal parasites is to have the fish ingest the medication directly into the digestive track. Before you start dosing them with meds I'd recommend soaking your pellets in a Epsom salt solution for 20-30 seconds until the pellet absorbs the solution, this will cure Hexamita and Spironucleus ssp. If the fish are eating then I'd recommed Clout over Prazipro, this will stain the silicone but for a nasty case of internal parasites there is nothing better.

Where do they sell clout at? Do they sell it at petsmart or petco

They were eating but now as I seen oscar now has his eyes half tinted white and all I have on hand till tommtow is ap quick cure is that okay? Is that like clout

Back
Top Bottom