Not sure what it is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

triggerfishfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So we have just added some more fish into our tank (A friend was getting rid of his tank and kindly gave us his fish). My black molly now has a white mark on his side. Its almost like he is "peeling" like you do after being in the sun and its white. i was cleaning the seams of the tank and he brushed past the toothbrush and it came off but within a few hours was back again.

From a good old search on google, it doesnt look like white spot. Its like a blister almost on his side but only tiny.

Any helpful suggestions would be great

Can you get a picture of it? Is it fuzzy, or more like a blister, where it could pop? How big is it? Is it completely round, or just a patch?

I cant get a picture of him - He moves to quick ( It looked like a bit of skin like he had been sunburnt and it had peeled. When I first saw this white mark on him, I thought he had lost some scales but its like a transluscent white colour with a littlehanging off/out. He seems well in himself swimming and eating. As gross as this sounds, its like he has a bogey on his side.

Back
Top Bottom