not sure what to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mle421

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, so i have 3 goldfish in a 29 gallon, i know i know, 10 gal per fish. but anyways, i noticed the other night that my large orange oranda had a white spot. ick obviously. so i took out my snails and carbon and doused the tank with Rid-Ich as per the directions. later on i noticed my black moor was laying on the bottom and breathing heavy, so i took him out and put him in his own QT tank, with 1/2 tank water, 1/2 RO water. He seems a lot better.

But my large oranda is doing worse, now not only does he still have a white ich spot (which is usually not visible after even one treatment of rid-ich with every other fish i've had with ich) but now he's acting weird too, lathargic, is scales look pineconey. i cant remeber what that is a sign of, i'm hoping not dropsy. basically, i need help quick, any advice is welcome! thanks in advance!

im not sure of the parameters. my tests are all inconclusive due to the rid-ich turning the water blue. but they were fine three or four days ago which was the last time i tested before adding the rid ich. ammonia-0 nitrite- 0 nitrate 20 ph 7.6

Here is some info on dropsy/bloat - its a disease that causes a fish to swell raising the scales on the fish so that they do not lay flat. It is very hard to treat, but daily doses of foods laced with antibiotics and optimal water conditions are the best things u can do.

i cant remeber what that is a sign of, i'm hoping not dropsy. basically, i need help quick, any advice is welcome! thanks in advance!

Definitley dropsy. You are going to want to pick up some anti-fungal meds asap, as well. Maracyn-two, from Mardel is a great med and so is Jungle's Fungus Clear Tablets. I've used both to sucessfully treat dropsy before.

Good luck.

Definitley dropsy. You are going to want to pick up some anti-fungal meds asap, as well. Maracyn-two, from Mardel is a great med and so is Jungle's Fungus Clear Tablets. I've used both to sucessfully treat dropsy before.

thanks ill try that!

Back
Top Bottom