Now Bert with "moldy" looking spot on fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
I changed the tank around yesterday and he was 100% fine. Now, this morning he has a small, pin head size "moldly" looking thing on the tip of his dorsal fin. I know it is going to be hard to see in this picture.

Since you were changing around his tank yesterday, he may be a little stressed out. At this point I wouldn't move him to a QT tank. I would let him stay in the main tank so he's not subjected to a move on top of any stress he may have encountered while you were re-arranging. The spot doesn't look that big, so for now I'd do a few extra water changes - that may help to get rid of whatever debris could have been stirred up from the tank bottom too. He looks pretty healthy so he will probably heal on his own with some water changes. If he gets worse you'll need to consider meds but for now let's see if he can heal on his own. He just may need some time to get used to the new tank.

Bert "dropped" his moldy spot sometime yesterday and looks fine today. He is eating, swimming, and acting his normal self!
And, on a brighter note for all those that helped with my daughter's betta's problem - he seems to be doing much better. He has been in his hospital tank for a couple of days now. No meds, just watching him. This morning he was actually swimming at the top of the tank, ate a good breakfast, and (get this) I even saw him blowing some bubbles at the top.....I promised him last night that if he pulled through he could have the new 5g tank all to himself. Obviously, he wants that tank!

Back
Top Bottom