Now what!!?? Shredded Fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarriFoster

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:( Ok got a bigger tank (55gal.) I think my fish look rediculously small in it but at least they have room to swim :) But I noticed my small shubunkin and my fancy's tails are kind of shredded is this from my big Shabunkin "picking" on them?? They still eat and there are no other noticable signs of disease...I'm yet again lost on what to do. AHHHHH!!!! I love my fish but who knew when I decided to do this it would be soo hard!!

Yeah, it's probably fin-nipping. It's generally a good idea to separate "fancy" goldfish from fast swimmers, like Shubunkin. Watch them for signs of bacterial infection now that your fish have wounds.

How long have you had this tank?

set it up few days ago put fish in last night. Still have my 15 gal..guess could set it back up for the fancys...ugh!!! lol

WOOOHOOO!!! 55 gal and 15 Gal. up and running fancy's and my small shubunkin in the little one and a catfish of somekind(he's a bully), big goldfish, a pair of "somethings", my big shubunkin in the 55.....PLEASE tell me this is finally ok??? I am going broke trying to accomidate...lol

Back
Top Bottom