Nox-Ich? Does it work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaketetra28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone I recently saved some fish from Kijiji, and it looked like one of the platys had Ich. From googling, it seemed like it had most of the symptoms. So I treated it just to be safe.

Surprisingly almost 30min after adding the Nox-Ich (at the recommended 1 drop per gallon unless a betta or a tetra) the affected fish became more active and swam around and didn't confine itself to beside the filter!

Is that normal for it to work that quick? I know it obviously didn't clear the Ich right away, but it really changed the fishes "personality".

That sounds pretty odd - what's in it? Was it ich for sure?

I can't think of much. I've had fish perk up after water changes but not so much from meds.

Yeah the water change was probably it as I didn't take into consideration that their previous water quality before I got them wasn't very good. I'm not sure if it is Ich though, there was a white "Ich" looking dot on the one platy, and it has seems to becoming smaller as I've been treating it for two days now.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure it didn't look wooly, when I got them their fins didn't look very good and some of the platys scales were 'flaking off' it seemed like. I really dont know how the person I got them from really took care of them, so I thought if treat them just to be safe, and I've used some freshwater salt too as someone on this forum recommended.

I saw it had malachite green in it I think so it should be useful. Bit of an all rounder med and the salt should help.

sounds good they are in better care. Doing ok?

They look like they're doing better, the platys are a lot more active then they were when I got them on Tuesday! The swordtails are still crazily active lol. And the white Ich looking spot is still there (less though) but it also looks scaly so it might be some leftover scales that were flakey.

I just put my last dose of Nox-Ich in my 20g tank. Have 4 or so fish infected. They are covered in white spots that have the appearance of table salt grains. They look better, but there might be some fungal infections in the tank as well... Starting that treatment tomorrow.

I did a 25% water change prior to my last dose also, so that could possibly be part of the reason they seem a little better.

Still about 30-40 percent of the spots left as of now.

Back
Top Bottom