Obliquiden not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MalawiMadness

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I've noticed over the last several days that one of my Obliquiden is not eating and is very lethargic and moping around the bottom of the tank. I have ten Malawi cichlids in a new 75 gal tank,(tank cycled and running for a month), and all are eating and acting normal. Please take a look at my profile for a list of fish. My water parameters are as follows: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 20 ppm nitrates, 8.1 pH, 80 degree temp. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

My sick fish is one of the bigger fish I keep and pretty much is left alone. My smaller Obliquiden gets most of the torment and that fish and all others are aggresive feeders. I've noticed since I established this tank that this fish usually stays mid level and catches the food that my other pigs get at the top of the tank during feeding. Something is wrong with this fish. Two ideas i am wondering about is maybe this fish my be holding eggs or maybe I have a case of early ich. One of my Arutus on occasion flicks on its side against the gravel. I don't see any signs of white spots, although i've noticed that my sick fish is breathing more rapid with rapid fin movement more so than the others. Like I said, this fish just hangs around the bottom of the tank, with some slow movement every now and then. I have plenty of rocks for cover in my tank if indeed this fish is getting picked on.

Thanks

its gill flukes, or lice gauranteed. Buy Aquarium Products "Life Bearer", that will kill flukes and lice, Quick Cure from AP will work too but is very powrful (formaldahyde), Mardel's CopperSafe, very powerful as well. There are a few more out there but those 3 give you your best chances, Life Bearer being the least stressful on the fish. Gill Fluke will kill your fish if left alone. Imagine having poison ivy along the sides of your throat in the neck where you cant reach, thats exactly how your fish feels right now :(

Back
Top Bottom