Oh no

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kalikingsmoke

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just upgraded to a 75 gallon tank from a overstocked 20 gallon tank. Its been 3 days I have the new filter and the old bio filter running along side each other but my fish and my crawfish seem to be sick. My fish are showing symptoms of fish rot and my crawfish and snails have started to become nearly inactive. I've been working all week until late night and I haven't been able to get a water test kit. Pet stores close early around here. Am I going through another cycle. What's going onn? I'm scared to death I'm going to start losing some of my expensive baby's.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any help anyone do you need more info?

I'd start doing water changes daily. Figure out your parameters and you'll most likely find your problem. We can go from there.

But I just finished filling up the tank. I've been doing it slowly so I don't shock the fish.

I'm sorry I'm just in complete panic mode

I'm afraid to add any chemicals as it might hurt my crawfish or my trapdoor snails.

I'm afraid to add any chemicals as it might hurt my crawfish or my trapdoor snails. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Stress coat is a water conditioner w aloe Vera in it, will not harm anything, it may also help heal up your fish and promote a good healthy slime coat.

I have I think a carbon filter in my canister will I have to remove it? Or just turn it off for a while

Back
Top Bottom