Old fish won't eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magma4life

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I know Magma(my betta)'s getting old, but i'm really worried cause he's not eating. Keep finding uneaten food in filter. Is this just a sign of old age or is there something I can do to help it? Thanks in advance!

What are you feeding him? Maybe try something different and see if he goes after it. Also watch him eat to make sure he is eating and to scoop out any uneaten food.

Hello Mag...

Add some Spirulina to the fish's diet. The flakes are high nutrient and good for digestion. Zoo Med has a good product.

B

So I know Magma(my betta)'s getting old, but i'm really worried cause he's not eating. Keep finding uneaten food in filter. Is this just a sign of old age or is there something I can do to help it? Thanks in advance!
Hello, have you tried soaking food in garlic juice? Garlic enhances appetite in fish & helps w/immune system. Hope this helps!!!!!

try a live food brine shrimp, blackworm, or tubifex. Freeze dried or frozen will be just fine, a little jump start.

I'd get some small live worms and dangle them with tweezers. If the disruption and smell doesn't entice him than could be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom