One cloudy eye and white growth on the body

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coolfishguy12

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here are pictures:

heNQKn6.jpg

OQ0xjlI.jpg

9AGvbEf.jpg

He's also lost colour, any idea what this could be? In the past he had growths near his mouth but I think they were harmless as they went away on their own.

What's up with the tank?? He's hurting for certain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All my levels are in check, regular water changes and a mature tank. Other fish seem healthy, he's the only one that looks like he has problems. He's had the cloudy eye for about a month and a half now. Noticed issues starting from when I moved the tank, figured it was just stress but that was 2 months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This looks like streptococuss infection. Google it. "popeye"
Gram positive antibiotic like Maraycn-1 or erythomycin would work, if hes worth it.

I picked up some pima/melafix jsut to try it out for a week. If it doesn't clear up my plan was to try some erythromycin

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

cool
I always keep a ten gallon bare bottom hospital tank on hand with a heater and an airstone, so i can treat sick fish. I really only found that i need 3 medicines and salt to do this, works for 90% of fish ailments.
Oxytetracycline feed antibiotic
Methylene Blue powder anti-fungal
Rid Ick plus for parasites
All 3 of those are cheap and effective and easy to find. I use the oxytetracycline food along with the M. Blue to cure bacterial infections, and the rid ick is used seperately to cure parasite problems.

cool
I always keep a ten gallon bare bottom hospital tank on hand with a heater and an airstone, so i can treat sick fish. I really only found that i need 3 medicines and salt to do this, works for 90% of fish ailments.
Oxytetracycline feed antibiotic
Methylene Blue powder anti-fungal
Rid Ick plus for parasites
All 3 of those are cheap and effective and easy to find. I use the oxytetracycline food along with the M. Blue to cure bacterial infections, and the rid ick is used seperately to cure parasite problems.

Thanks for your recommendations! My options are limited where I live, I can get methylene blue and rid ich on Amazon, but the only antibiotics I can get are ones you add to the water column by API (tetracycline hydrochloride and erythromycin).

oh, where do you live? Strepocaccus is gram positive, which erythomycin or tetracyclie will treat, but MOST fish diseases are gram negative. Is there any way you could order the Oxytetracycline, its dirt cheap.....
That would pretty much cover your three bases of fish disease, and those are cheap good working products.

oh, where do you live? Strepocaccus is gram positive, which erythomycin or tetracyclie will treat, but MOST fish diseases are gram negative. Is there any way you could order the Oxytetracycline, its dirt cheap.....
That would pretty much cover your three bases of fish disease, and those are cheap good working products.

From Canada, but in my town there's only two big box stores that sell mainstream stuff. Where can I order oxytetracylcine?

Just did the first dose of erythomycin today btw, we'll see if that goes anywhere.

I'm dealing with some what of the same problem both my oscars eyes are puffy and white, I've used maracyn two and it didn't work, I've been using primafix for the last three days and it doesn't seem to be working......... So any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435600830.606436.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm dealing with some what of the same problem both my oscars eyes are puffy and white, I've used maracyn two and it didn't work, I've been using primafix for the last three days and it doesn't seem to be working......... So any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated .

View attachment 274470

I'm on my third day with erythomycin and haven't noticed any change, the directions say a full treatment is four days so I'll doubt this is going to fix the my issue. Really don't know what to do, I've tried pima/melafix, now erythomycin hasn't worked. Could try something that gets gram-negative bacteria but that means I'll have drained $60 into treatment that I don't even know will work.

Not sure what to do but I'll let you know how it goes.

The pet store wanted me to start him on E.M. Erythromycin

The pima / mela fix is junk and should never be used to treat a full blown infection. Its nothing but a mild homeopathic remedy.

At the very best it can be used when you notice injuries before infection sets in as a preventative measure.

What are the parameters of the tank?

With as long as its been i doubt theres anything that can be done to fix the eye. Its possible to treat if caught early, but if allowed to progress the damage is usually permenant.

Im on the 3rd day with the erythromycin and it hasn't worked, so I complained to the company and wanted my money back because the rep said it would work, and this was delivered to my house today , perks from the company saying I'm sorry.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435875393.541524.jpg

Prima/mela is junk, a waste of money

I've been dealing with my Oscar having cloudy eyes that look swollen, I've went threw more water changes, different chemical, I almost gave up because I hadn't seen him eat in weeks until yesterday, the Meds that been helping him is Maracyn Oxy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437785398.644022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom