One-Eyed Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mazie51109

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at Petsmart the other day and there was a tank of calico fantails for only a dollar. I was looking at them and noticed that one of them was missing his left eye. He seemed active and healthy other than the missing eye, no injuries, so I took him home. He's still doing great except he has trouble finding food. It looks like the socket hasn't completely healed yet though. I'm worried about him getting an infection. Is there anything I can do in addition to water changes to help him? Thanks!

Your doing the best thing for him! Lots of healthy water and a good diet and he will heal in time. Fish are amazingly resilient as long as they have the basics of healthy water and a good diet.

Of he seems to be having trouble finding food, you can either feed him in the exact same place every day (he will figure this out very quickly) or sprinkle food everywhere and let him take his time to find it. Either way, make sure he has ample time to eat and is not being bothered by other fish or other fish are not eating his food. Please ask if you have questions! :)

Back
Top Bottom