one of my 2 fishes have ich!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janeth0185

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a question . if one of my fishes have ich and the other seems fine do i just treat the tank with both of them in it or do i remove the good fish ??? i just bought some ich medicine but not sure if it will be safe for the one that isnt sick:blink::fish1:

janeth0185 said:
i have a question . if one of my fishes have ich and the other seems fine do i just treat the tank with both of them in it or do i remove the good fish ??? i just bought some ich medicine but not sure if it will be safe for the one that isnt sick:blink::fish1:

Dont move any of the fish, slowly raise the temperature up to 85-86 and let it stay until the last spot is seen. I wouldnt use the meds, most of them do more harm then good.

but i got 2 goldfishes a common and a moor. isnt it bad to raise it that high...n plus i dont got a heater cuz i just own goldfishes.and y can meds be more harm than good? :confused:

janeth0185 said:
but i got 2 goldfishes a common and a moor. isnt it bad to raise it that high...n plus i dont got a heater cuz i just own goldfishes.and y can meds be more harm than good? :confused:

Idk if its "bad" but its he natural way to treat ich. And you need to have a heater to raise the temp lol, some meds just cloud water, or require lots of water changes that should solve the problem by themselves.

thaanks for the advice.since i dont got a heater im just gonna do the medication..i hope this really works because the fish with the ich is so lethargic.he was so active before and now hes just on the bottom of my tank.just hoping he gets better:(

Just do the best you can to get a heater. They help a lot more than any medication would.

With ich, it WILL get worse before it gets better. Also aquarium salt does wonders with lots of things INCLUDING ich. Not sure if goldfish will tolerate the salt or not so better do some research first or ask around

No heater with the goldfish! They are not tropicals & do not tolerate heat well. Goldfish are easily treated with aq salt. You need to treat with .3% salinity. This equals 11.4 grams per gallon. The dose of salt needs to be predissolved in container of tank water & added gradually over 48hrs. Water changes/grav vacs should be performed atleast every other day. Only replace the salt you remove- 50% wc, add back 1/2 original dose (predissolved). Maintain this for 2wks or for a week after last spot is gone. Please ask if you have any questions!

ok thanx the for the advice.just wondering tho , if the fish has ich can it be lethargic..? im so afreaid my common goldfish is gonna die out of this.he just stays at the bottom of the tank..and he used to be so active :(

Are you treating with the meds you purchased? Has he become worse/more legarthic since adding the meds? Make sure you keep their water as healthy as possible & hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom