One of my GSP's might be sick :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prgmitchell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I have two green spotted puffers in a tank together...they get along just fine. It's actually as if they like each other honestly..they sleep right next to each other and don't have territory issues...it's great, especially considering I bought one a month apart from the other.

Anyways...my second GSP that I just got recently is doing fine, nice white belly, always rushes up when food is put in, normal stuff ya know?

My original one however has been acting strange. It doesn't always come up for the food and it's belly sometimes turns darker with some white spots remaining.

The thing that makes me thing it's sick is how JUMPY it is. You can walk up to the tank and it will go crazy sometimes...it will jump out of the water, swim as fast as possible to a wall, or go up and down really really fast.

I'm worried and don't know anything about fish sickness so I don't know what this could be....I've heard of internal parasites?

PLEASE HELP.

Telling us a bit more about your situation will help get some answers, or at least narrow down some possibilities:

What size tank?
How long has it been setup?
How long have you had the fish?
Are there any other fish in the tank?
What are your water parameters? (Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, temp)
What is your maintenance schedule?

Back
Top Bottom