One sick fish.. euthanize??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyApril83

Aquarium Advice Freak
Black neon tetra who is sick been sick for over a week dispite water changes everyone else in the tank...kuhuli loaches..serpae tetras ..pleco skirt tetras are fine
Api test kit ph 7.8, 0amm,0nitrite,20/30 nitrate tank is fully cycled and about 7months old everyone but this lil one is happy go lucky

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1389827218596.jpg
    1389827218596.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 97
  • 1389827229641.jpg
    1389827229641.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 98
Was that the centre one that looked like nipped fins or fin rot? If still eating and schooling and no other fish has problems I'd give him a bit longer IMO.

I think the others are pecking him the tumor thing was there before the fins started fraying he still schools with them most of the time..I will go by the if he eats he lives theory. I don't want to make him miserable.

Yes and now a small one on the under of his side above Anal fins I can't get a pic it just too small

No I can't sadly today he looks about the same I will judge by how he's swimming and eating...if/when I euthanize him I am thinking frozen/slushy water...

Sick Fish

Black neon tetra who is sick been sick for over a week dispite water changes everyone else in the tank...kuhuli loaches..serpae tetras ..pleco skirt tetras are fine
Api test kit ph 7.8, 0amm,0nitrite,20/30 nitrate tank is fully cycled and about 7months old everyone but this lil one is happy go lucky

Hello Lady...

I don't "put down" fish. If it's dead and floating on the surface, that's one thing. If not, it's stressful all around trying to remove it. I do large, frequent water changes, keeping the tank water extremely clean and heavily plant the tank. The fish may recover. If not, it dies in it's natural habitat and nourishes the plants. I keep Livebearers, Corydoras and Ramshorn snails. They typically remove any dead fish in a short time. The water change removes any nitrogen produced by the dead fish. I'd be in favor of letting nature take its course.

B

Back
Top Bottom