opaline gourami scratching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi i have a medium/large size opaline gourami and it appears to be scrwtching against objects in my tank.

Please dont say its ick if it is, wat temp shall i set my heater to, also i have added some salt

mus said:
Hi i have a medium/large size opaline gourami and it appears to be scrwtching against objects in my tank.

Please dont say its ick if it is, wat temp shall i set my heater to, also i have added some salt

Flashing as it's called is a precursor to full blown ick, but can be signs of other parasite issues too.

IDK gourami's, so reseach them but one way to deal with ick is to raise the temp 1 degree an hour to 86 degrees (minimum) and dose with aqua salts and daily 25% PWC for a week or so.

I'd look up what they're susceptible to first. You don't want to misdiagnose, when it could be something else and let it fester untreated.

Good luck and I hope it isn't ick, since I just went through it myself. I prefer using and have had very good results using a med called Quick Cure (YMMV).

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom