Oranda doing somersaults

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update: The finrot seems to be getting worse, though not by much. I've been feeding him peas, but to no avail. He is starting to look bloated as well. I've added 1/8 tsp of epsom salt to the aquarium. Is there anything more I can do?

I should probably give it a shot. What's a good brand to try out? Salt and heat seems to be making things worse, so I'm gonna try putting a drop of quick cure in his salt bath. I hate to use that stuff, but I don't know what else to do =/

Thanks so much for your help, I really do appreciate it.

If he doesn't have ich, I wouldn't use QuICK Cure.

I have only tried one food, and that was the Jungle Anti-Parasitic Fish food. They come in a little can, and are in pellet form.

You could pick up some Ick-Attack to try that on him, it's all natural and treats a variety of problems.

If he doesn't have ich, I wouldn't use QuICK Cure.

I kept telling myself that same thing...I can't bring myself to put formaldehyde on anything that's still alive =/ So I went and got some melafix today. Didn't have the money for any anti-parasitic food, but the melafix seems to be working. The black splotches are lightening a little, and it's only the first day. I'm going to continue dosing the tank with melafix and will keep up the salt bath every day for 15 mins. Once I have the money I will buy that food and give it a shot. It shouldn't be too expensive, so I should be able to get it in the next few days.
Once I start feeding him the food should I continue feeding him peas, or stop?

Just use the anti-parasitic food for a month, unless he gets super bloated and floats/sinks again. I think I paid like $5 for my food.
Glad he's looking better! :D

Cool, I'll get some ASAP! Thanks a bunch for all you're help, I can't say it enough =]

Back
Top Bottom