Oranda has Red Streaks in Tail Flaky Skin on her Face

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few links I found on colloidal silver. Would be interested how it pans out if you do decide to use it. Seems up in the air if it does impact the biological filter (although one company says not to dose in main tank - second link).

Seems as this was common before antibiotics in the 1940's.

Another idea would be to ask the person who suggested it for some useful links.

About Colloidal Silver | Active Colloidal Silver

Colloidal Silver for Fish - Dragon Colloids

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=26&ved=0CDwQFjAFOBRqFQoTCKj1-azUsscCFaPjpgodk0sBaw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedcraveonline.com%2FJNMR%2FJNMR-01-00001.pdf&ei=jijTVaj2NqPHmwWTl4XYBg&usg=AFQjCNGlGK83U82Q094Z3JyeG6yniBlfCQ&bvm=bv.99804247,d.dGY&cad=rja

This fish needs oxytetracycline antibiotic badly or your gonna lose it soon. We can talk water quality all day, but my point is valid.
Off you could go tho kanamycin route as well but oxy works better and kills everything plus impossible to overdose or hurt liver, unlike kanamycin. Pump it in him 3x a day as soon as you can get some.
Side note. Yay dela congrats on getting mod man! He knows more about Australian meds avalibility than me, so that is just my 2cents don't listen to me.. Lol
I really wish you could get the meds we have in the USA. Metro and minocycline I don't think should be mixed, it says your not suppose to mix anything with M-2 on several fish disease pages...let me see, sorry as I'm on a iPad, hmmm bacterial hemmoratic septicaemia, ahh gram negative. Go with the maracyn-2. Turn off the lights and don't feed as much. Best I can do. Minocycline, Light sensitive and ineffective at high ph and gh, put some of the packet in som frozen food with a tiny bit of water let it sit for 20 mins to absorb, and the rest in the water, as it will bind to calcium minerals in the water and not work well.

This fish needs oxytetracycline antibiotic badly or your gonna lose it soon. We can talk water quality all day, but my point is valid.
Off you could go tho kanamycin route as well but oxy works better and kills everything plus impossible to overdose or hurt liver, unlike kanamycin. Pump it in him 3x a day as soon as you can get some.
Side note. Yay dela congrats on getting mod man! He knows more about Australian meds avalibility than me, so that is just my 2cents don't listen to me.. Lol
I really wish you could get the meds we have in the USA. Metro and minocycline I don't think should be mixed, it says your not suppose to mix anything with M-2 on several fish disease pages...let me see, sorry as I'm on a iPad, hmmm bacterial hemmoratic septicaemia, ahh gram negative. Go with the maracyn-2. Turn off the lights and don't feed as much. Best I can do. Minocycline, Light sensitive and ineffective at high ph and gh, put some of the packet in som frozen food with a tiny bit of water let it sit for 20 mins to absorb, and the rest in the water, as it will bind to calcium minerals in the water and not work well.

Would love to visit Australia, but I live in the good ole USA. :)

Yes we also thought to wait on the kanamycin. We are doing Furan2 and Metro+ with tank covered. I thought she was doing better but she is floating on her side again now and looks slightly pineconed. So gonna add a little epsom salt for the pineconing. Poor thing. Lots of peeling skin which I am told happens when new skin is replacing old. But when do we say enough is enough? She has been 6 weeks in hospital. The ph drop really did a number on her, the low ph turned the water acidic and burned her. Thankfully other fish are doing ok. Thank you for the help!

Back
Top Bottom