Orange Mollie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ratters

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My male orange mollie has become lethargic and seems to be swimming tail down. The female has just died after giving birth anybody got any ideas?

Joe tell us a little bit about your fish tank. How long is your tank and set up what sizes it and what are your nitrate, nitrite, pH, and ammonia, levels. Mollies tender like a little salt in the water. He's approximately one level tablespoon per 10 gallons that should help

Hi the tank is a 90 litre tank and is about 4 months old the ph is about 7.5 and the nitrate is between 0 and 0.25 I was unable to test the ammonia but I seem to think he is constipated and have heard peas are the best for this problem I have other mollies in there which show no sign of any illness.

The mollie has now died I isolated him and starved him for four days and his weight reduced and he looked a normal size I put him back into the large tank and in a few days showed signs of bloating again then when I returned home today he was dead. r.i.p

Back
Top Bottom