Orange oranda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just nature. My oranda started off orange and black. Then the black faded away. Now he is all orange and his tail is starting to turn white. I have a Pom Pom oranda too. Started out all brown/bronze now all orange.

Ok thanks. So I shouldn't worry ? What about my fantail
And ryukin fins deformed?

Post a pic if his tail was born that way then it will stay that way. Don't worry about colors changing kinda fun to watch

Are Color changes part of fish getting older? The fins got deformed I'm guessing of poor water quality. Now im using tap and ro.

Pretty much any color, including orange, is not static in goldfish. Goldies exposed to natural sunlight tend to keep darker colors longer than than their tank kept siblings though. Private breeders will breed selectively based on genetics (rather than profit of a commercial fishery) to maintain greater stability of certain colors as well but these fish also have hefty price tags. Its not so much of a fish 'getting old' but more so just simply nature. Even babies will go through various color changes.

Ok thanks. Best cure sbd black Moore eye socket bigger then the other.

Is this a new question? We would need all of the specifics on the situation and pics would help as well. You may want to consider starting a new thread if you need help with a different fish.

Back
Top Bottom