Oscar health

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twood9615

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have never really dealt with fish disease other than a case of Ich that my Oscar brought home from the fish store and so I need some help identifying this

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437234020.786338.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437234037.953209.jpg

It looks like it's just some missing or damaged scales to me and I've been keeping an eye on him and he doesn't seem bothered. The spots haven't really progressed that I can see but I'm a little worried it may be like LLE or HITH. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well the feeding can be easily fixed but you don't think those 4 spots are anything dangerous? He didn't always have them that's why I was concerned with it.

What and when are you feeding? Looks to be wasting away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They eat freeze dried krill and some pellets 1-2 times a day I didn't feed them last night because I got home really late and they hadn't eaten before I took that picture this morning they are usually a little more round

That's a severely sunken in stomach.. has to be something going on there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It doesn't look as bad in person I'll try and get a better picture I think his bottom fin kinda covers his belly and makes it look worse than it really is none of my other fish have sunken stomachs at all and I feed them the same so I'm not sure what it could be unless he has parasites or something but I haven't noticed anything weird with feces which if I remember correctly is the main give away for that.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437242226.589514.jpg
Sorry for the glare but this picture is a little better let me know what yal think

I got a jack Dempsey that had a sunken stomach and took it right back, something spiny was protruding from his anal, it was just weird.

Yeah that doesn't sound good at all but thanks to everybody who contributed for your help.

Back
Top Bottom