Oto with popeye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aysvin

Aquarium Advice Activist
My oto Bertie has been pale for a while now but I thought that maybe it's just her color, but now her eyes are bulging out and aren't right at all

See how pale she is compared to Bots, her boyfriend.

image-4095515568.jpg

And then here she is with her plump belly after her dinner. You can clearly see the eyes.

Attachments

• image-10382635.jpg
    image-10382635.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 64
Not a great photo, but you can kinda see the eyes.

Attachments

• image-3958050179.jpg
    image-3958050179.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 55
I segregated her in a QT, but I'm still not sure what's wrong.

Ok, so I did research on popeye and from what I can tell perfect water conditions seems best. Is there anything else I can do for my sensitive little oto?

Nevermind. She died this morning. Thank you all for helping me.

i'm sorry about the loss. as you probably know this by now, popped eye is a symptom not a disease. There are many causes that will result in popped eyes. if i were you, i would do a 50%water change now if you haven't done so!

i'm sorry about the loss. as you probably know this by now, popped eye is a symptom not a disease. There are many causes that will result in popped eyes. if i were you, i would do a 50%water change now if you haven't done so!

I had her in a qt, but I'll change 50% in my tank. That's probably what you meant, though. It needs a change anyway.

Back
Top Bottom