Otos dropping left and right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry that was worded bad lol tank1 had ph 6.6 otos lived two years tank2 7.5 ph they lived 7 months. it is werid. they are just one of those fish that i love but i think shouldnt be in tanks. even though ive had my share of them

I don't even pay attention to post count in 99% of cases.

I guess the high post count is what happens when you put together a guide and are expected to chime in on every fishless cycling thread. The home office helps too, haha
lol. if i chimed in on those threads id be hated but not gonna start that lol

how did you get tank bred otos? and eco they can do that, ive had otos in a tank with 7.5 ph and the 6.6 at the same time bought the same day. the ones in the 6.6 lived a little over 2 years the 7.5 i kept for about 7 months then they died.
I got mine from my lfs. They get them from a guy in town who breeds them and bnp.

eco23 said:
Thanks. Thing is all 7 have been in that pH together for around 6 months. I'd find it hard to believe that would be the time frame where they couldn't take it any longer and died off together...maybe if it had happened randomly over time, but 5 within 2 weeks seems a little off for me. I guess anything is possible though.

I do agree, this is strange, but with Ottos you never know what's up and what's down.... My experience was bad, I bought 5 Ottos, my tank has been up for a year now, perfect conditions, good water quality. I did acclimate them with the drip method, and after 2 hours being in the tank, all died, almost at the same time??.?.
So Ottos are like GBR.... Kind of hard to understand what is what caused them to die.

ejaramillo01 said:
I do agree, this is strange, but with Ottos you never know what's up and what's down.... My experience was bad, I bought 5 Ottos, my tank has been up for a year now, perfect conditions, good water quality. I did acclimate them with the drip method, and after 2 hours being in the tank, all died, almost at the same time??.?.
So Ottos are like GBR.... Kind of hard to understand what is what caused them to die.

Don't get me started on GBR's lol. I agree Otos are notoriously unpredictable and sensitive. It's just 6 months for them to die within weeks...I don't know...seems like there has to be a common thread. I have horrible luck with Neons and GBR's...maybe I can officially add Otos to the list :(

Back
Top Bottom