Pale and white-ish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TameeSue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I don't know what's wrong with my paradise gourami. She has lost her color, her appetite and her personality. She stays in corners at top of tank and she won't eat. She looks pale and white. I also have an albino corey in the tank and he's fine. Any ideas whats wrong with her?

She sounds stressed, what are your water parameters? Does she have enough hiding spots? Did you change anything recently?

Yes, and also what size tank is it and what kind of filter are you running?

If you have the filter have you changed the filter pads in the last few months or rinsed them off in plain /untreated tap water?

How long have you had this fish?

What is the temp?

I would do a couple 25-35% pwc's making sure to use dechlorinator and temp match the water to the tank.

What other fish are in the tank?

Thanx

Thank you everyone for your replies. I keep my water, filter ...etc clean and I keep temp at 70. Im sad to say that she died. It's just strange because I had her for almost 2 yrs and no problems. Can fish die from sadness? I know I probably sound crazy but her mate died a few months ago and I think she missed him. I still have an albino corey so now I will get another fish.

Back
Top Bottom