Panda Cory with pop eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejaramillo01

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of my panda corys looks really strange.
His eyes look like they are popping out! But it's strange because look like big cylinders, I don't know if you get me, but they are not big and round, but more like they extended to the outside.

What this could be?
Any recommendation in what to do?

HUKIT said:
Let us know how it goes, good luck.

I will perform the PWC.
My readings are good, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, around 10 nitrates.
PH is 7.4 and the temperature is 78 degrees. No salt in the tank.

I will let you know.

Thanks again.

I did the PWC, 50%, but my Cory panda fish died this morning... :-(
I removed it from the tank as soon as I noticed.
The rest of the fish look fine.....

Do I need to do something else to the tank? As a prevention?

Still something it is not right!

After I lost my panda cory, I have been losing a fish like every 5 days.
1 Julii Cory
1 Khuli Loach
1 Another Panda Cory
1 Kamaka Rainbow ( today )

The strange part is that all died at night, no pop eye symptoms, they are eating well,the corys maybe a little shy, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Any help here please?

Water is good, 0. Ammonia, 0 Nitrites, 10 Nitrates, pH 7.4, Water temp 78 degrees. Weekly water changes...

Do I need to start some Melafix treatment to the tank?

Are they showing any physical signs of illness or being attacking from another fish? I think Melafix works great a paperweight since it doesn't do anything clean water can't but I wouldn't start treating without knowing what your treating for.

HUKIT said:
Are they showing any physical signs of illness or being attacking from another fish? I think Melafix works great a paperweight since it doesn't do anything clean water can't but I wouldn't start treating without knowing what your treating for.

Not really, they looked good the night before. Unless the Angelfish became aggressive at nights? But all dead bodies are complete, not bites or anything like that.

The only one with symptoms was the first Panda Cory which have his eyes pop out....

HUKIT said:

Today my Apistos (male) start to look shy, all the day inside of a cave... Which is not normal for him......
I decided to start the treatment of Melafix.... And PWC,

According to the Melafix bottle, I add 5ml for every 10 gallons of water, and keep repeating this for 7 days....then make a big water change...

Is this sounds good? Or do I need to make PWC between the treatment?

I really don't have any ideas, the fish are showing no symptoms and your water parameters are good. Maybe some airborn toxin, cleaning chemicals or something on your hands?

I will finish tomorrow the treatment of the tank (Melafix & Pimafix), during the treatment, the fish in general did not ate good, is this normal?
The two more lethargic or low appetite ones were my Angelfish and the Kamaka Rainbow, both are breathing fast???

I will do a 50% PWC tomorrow, Will I need to add a carbon pack to the filter to remove the medications? If not, would you recommend me to make another PWC the following day?

Thanks to all for your suggestions and opinions here.

I just finished the PWC, 50% approximately.
Fish look fine, the Angel and the Kamaka continue to breath kind of fast, like gasping for air??

I have an air stone, and the agitation in the surface is pretty decent.

When in your opinion will I need to do the next PWC? How big?

8 hours after the 50% PWC, I took the readings of the water.
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate between 5 to 10 ppm
PH 7.4

Any ideas why the Angelfish and the Kamaka Rainbows are breathing heavily and fast, also both are shy.... Swimming good, but no appetite????

Back
Top Bottom