Panda Cory's dorsal fin's black color is fadding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gu2high

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed one Panda Cory's dorsal fin's black color is fadding and I thought it is a unique case. But now I find others are also losting black color.

I am feeding them:

Wardley Shrimp Pellets Formula, but they do not like it very much.
TetraMin Tropical Tablets.
Hikari Algae Wafers
Maybe other foods in the bottom like flake, etc.

What kind of foods will bring the black color back?

What are your water parameters? Sometimes color loss is a result of stress. Any other physical signs of illness?

:O Anne, we are canadian, we are supposed to include a U in the word Colo(u)r with pride :p

Anyways, yes, fish will loose colour during stressful times. No food can cure stress.

Also, what size tank are they in, what is the tmeperature...

Water parameters are probably the most important thing, and we need those before we can help you further.

WaterPond said:
:O Anne, we are canadian, we are supposed to include a U in the word Colo(u)r with pride :p

Anyways, yes, fish will loose colour during stressful times. No food can cure stress.

Also, what size tank are they in, what is the tmeperature...

Water parameters are probably the most important thing, and we need those before we can help you further.
ROFL, I know the "U" is supposed to be there, sometimes I forget, LOL.

Three panda cories and three ottos and 40 platy and zebra danio fry in a 10 gallon tank. I do pwc (25%) every 2-3 days. pH7, temperature78, ammonia etc. are all zero. No fish bother the panda. I do see two panda are not dancing around as usual, but no sickness as I can tell.

Maybe I should provide more hiding spots for them if they feel stress.

The ottos are fat and happy, especially one of them is very fat with a very big belly.

I am not too sure about FW, but in SW, fish will loose color due to lack of a varied diet.....

The oxygen in the water should be ok as HOB gives lots of bubbles. It may be too much fry. However, the color is stopping fadding and I feel relieved. I plan to give all zebra danio fry to lfs as I have 7 of them in another tank. When platy fry get big enough, they will also be given away.

The next thing for me to breed is the Panda Cories. They are still too young so far.

Back
Top Bottom