Parasite treatment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
My dwarf gourami has internal parasites and I'm confused on how to treat it. Which meds work well?

I use metrodinazole when I suspect parasite in my discus. It works really well. Let me find the link about it...

metro and fenbendazole are two internal parasite treatments that work well. They work best when ingested, so a food prepared with them is ideal, but a regular tank treatment works also.

I heard there is some kind of fish food that fights parasites. Do you know this works? Let me find a link....

My dwarf gourami has internal parasites and I'm confused on how to treat it. Which meds work well?

What symptoms is your fish having that leads you to think internal parasites?

As far the medicated food I rely on Jungle's medicated food and their Parasite Clear. I've used them both with great success with my africans and bloat symptoms. If the fish is eating the food is best way to treat since this speeds the treatment when ingested.

Well, yesterday I noticed there was an unusually long whiteish clearish stringy poop hanging from him. I can't tell if the stomach is bloated or now, I'm not sure where it is ( don't judge me xD). But something is definatly not right with his body. I'll pick up some of the food tomorrow.

He won't eat the stupid food! But, now I;m thinking it might not be parasites. Sometimes I see perfectly normal poop, and other times its white and stringy. I've been treating with maracyn two and before that melafix for fin rot. I heard medication might give fish white poop. I also fed some deshelled peas in case he's constipated.

Some will soak the food in garlic juice(?) to make it more appetizing to the fish.

I think I'm going to get metro+ or something and feed with the food. Anyone know how I would do this?

Back
Top Bottom