Parasites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandyyyboo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This morning, I did a water change and gravel cleaning on my 45 gallon freshwater setup. As I was cleaning the gravel, a lot of dark murky water came out. This wasn't the problem, I assumed that would happen because it has been a while since I cleaned the gravel. Anyway, when I poured the water in the tub, I noticed small things swimming around - tiny black specks, about the size of fleas. There were tons, around 100. What are these? They came from the gravel and not the water.

Whatkind of fish do you have in your tank? They kinda sound like baby fish

1 male guppy
Pleco
3 plastids
1 balloon Molly
2 glass tetras

I really doubt they are babies. They came from the substrate and there are hundreds.

Mmmm well idk but could be, iv never herd of any parisite like that. Maybe one of the experts can help. And if you could pictures would help id this "thing".

Is your Molly male or female? They could be Molly babies. I've vacuumed up guppy and platy fry before so it's a possibility.

Molly is female but I've had her for about six months without a male.

Well mollies can be pregnant wen you buy them and have up to 20 babies each pregnancy, they can have 3 batches of fry from one male so they could be molly fry.

Back
Top Bottom