peacock eel cut in half?? what??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellygirl55

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi everyone!!

this is going to sound strange, but I have had a peacock eel in my 55 gallon tank for 6 months or so. So far the eel has been great, very shy, always hiding in the sand etc. but very healthy and fine....

well, today my eal came out and was swimming around the tank, and I looked closer and noticed that the eel is suddenly half the size!! legnth wise, he is literaly half the size!!

anyone ever hear of this? other than his smaller stature he seems perfectly fine.... I am so confused!!!

What the?!? I would like a pic as well. Maybe your eel died and someone put another one in the tank? Parents? Just a guess!

pic

i have tried and tried to get a pic for you guys... can't catch him to save my life!!! every time i go near the tank, he darts either under the sand or behind this hiding rock... he is still half the size... weird....

also it looks like his tail has like a blunt stump where it used to end in a tip?????

i am the only one around here except for my kids, and i know they didn't repace him :) nice try though, had to do that once to my kid's betta... they noticed about 2 min after they got hope... oops!!

Sounds like he has tail rot...more frequent water changes should fix that...how often do you do partial water changes?

Back
Top Bottom