Peacock Gudgeon bloated and scratching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlonghorns

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1~ I have 2 Peacock Gudgeons That have been scratching their sides on the substrate and other decorations and one of the two has a noticably larger, bloated belly. A third has been rather lethargic and tends to keep its fins pinned back and floats up toward the top of the tank. Their coloration all looks fine.

2~ The tanks water parameters are:
0 ammonia
.25 nitrite
20-40 nitrate
7.0 pH
78 degrees F

3~ The tank is 45 gallons and has been set up for about 2 years.

4~ I am using a Marineland Penguin 350 hob filter in combination with a submersible Pen-Plax 610 Cascade Corner Filter.

5~ My list of fish are:

10 Cardinal Tetras all less than 1",
5 Peacock Gudgeon about 1",
5 Otocinclus less than 1",
5 Black Kuhli Loaches all 3",
3 Ghost Shrimp all 1",
2 Dwarf Gourami both 1.5", and
1 Ivory Mystery Snail.
So a total of 31 fish.

6~ My last water change and gravel vac was yesterday. I do a 35% water change every5 days and I vac the gravel every 10 days.

7~ I have had all of these fish for anywhere between 2-4 weeks. Every fish was drip acclimated for a minimum of 2-3 hours.

8~ The only new addition to the tank is a small amount of Christmas Moss. However, I noticed the issues before adding the moss.

9~ I feed the fish a mix of TetraMin Algae Waffers, Aqueon shrimp pellets, Tetra Ciclid flakes, Tetra bloodworms, and once in a while some Omega One Brine Shrimp.

I have bought some Marineland All-in-One Remedy, but have not used it yet. If this is what I should be using, do I need to quarantine these fish or should I just treat the whole tank as a precaution? I don't have a quarantine tank yet.
Thanks!

Sounds like ick they will flash andbscratch their bodies on substrate and decorations. I have dealt with ick plenty of times

Sounds like ick they will flash andbscratch their bodies on substrate and decorations. I have dealt with ick plenty of times
Also sounds like a little bit of bloat feed them a pea without the skin and not feed them for a few days see if that helps try to get ick remedy by marineland but it seems like all in one may treat it if I'm wrong hopefully it heals whatever it is.

Thanks for the fast reply! I haven't seen any white dots on any of my fish but if it is ick do you think it would be a good idea to just treat the whole tank? Or would it be wise to hold off and just do a 25% wc every day for a week to see if that helps instead of introducing meds?

Back
Top Bottom