Pearl gourami has white dot on eyes, not ich or cloudy eye disease.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To this day I have no clue of what it is / was. My best guess tells me that its related to stress. Not stress from poor water quality but stress from underfeeding. High levels of ferts could of been the issue as well.

I have only read about this thing a few other times in other posts where the fish keeper had no idea what it was either.

Oh? What sort of ferts and levels out of interest?

Got some experienced people that have joined recently - maybe someone will know more.

In the past month or 2 I literally stopped dosing. Reason is my light intensity is low light and I got no co2 or excel. I felt like my dosing was far too much for a tank with such a heavy fish load and no stem plants, so I cut back. I am actually trying to see if I can notice deficiency and dose accordingly.

I do have diy root tabs in the substrate, they are literally right at the bottom of the substrate bed. I did it just recently when I rescaped.

I have read of I believe Ctenopoma having eye problems like this that were corrected with vitamins!
I have never tried vitamins but with the cost of everything else in this hobby,and the possible result they aren't that much!
For the "average fish" offering the proper diet is not that hard but some species do have special requirements that are harder to match.

Back
Top Bottom