Pellet stuck in Betta Gill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish898

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my male betta for quite some time now and I have given it the same food which is "Hikari betta Bio Gold" anyways it seems that one day a pellet went down the wrong way or something it got stuck in its Gill area. Right below its mouth it has a giant ball and it can't close its mouth right.

Any help? thank you in advance.

I'm sorry, I have no idea how to get that out of there.

However, if it ever dislodges, I do suggest when using pellet foods to soak them a few minutes in a cup of tank water so they soften.

Umm...

Tweezers? perhaps holding him by the tail and face him downwards, then maybe swinging him gently? Thats how they clean fluid from the air ways of sheep. or if you could get him to open his mouth, an eye dropper full of clean tank water, sprayed in his gill or mouth. That is a tough one. Please don't think me silly, but I love all my fish and I would try anything to save them.

I think the pellet would soften enough in the water and come out on its own. Kinda like Cheerios left in milk too long, it softens and eventually dissolves/falls apart (sorry for the bad example) :)

I think the pellet would soften enough in the water and come out on its own. Kinda like Cheerios left in milk too long, it softens and eventually dissolves/falls apart (sorry for the bad example) :)

I agree. Are you totally certain it's a pellet and not a different issue?

Back
Top Bottom