Peppered cory with white mark on head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As Far As I Know...Context in the sentence helped me! Thank you English teachers! :flowers:

Has anyone mentioned purigen for nitrates?Or who ever de nitrators???:whistle:
Most who have good water have no need so we can't say they work like waterchanges but only one way for you to find out?:popcorn:

As Far As I Know...Context in the sentence helped me! Thank you English teachers! :flowers:

Has anyone mentioned purigen for nitrates?Or who ever de nitrators???:whistle:
Most who have good water have no need so we can't say they work like waterchanges but only one way for you to find out?:popcorn:

So you recommend purigen?

Water changes wont do anything for my tank. It doesnt matter how many i do a week or how much. My tap water is 40ppm.
Im thinkng about maybe buying 5litre bottles of water and doing a half and half mix with my tap water before adding it to my tank. Obviouly ill ad dechlorinator.
From what ive read that should half my tap water nitrate?

Why not mix your water with ro water or a culligan jug? Unless you tank is extremely heavily planted I don't see your trates dropping without it..

So you recommend purigen?

Water changes wont do anything for my tank. It doesnt matter how many i do a week or how much. My tap water is 40ppm.
Im thinkng about maybe buying 5litre bottles of water and doing a half and half mix with my tap water before adding it to my tank. Obviouly ill ad dechlorinator.
From what ive read that should half my tap water nitrate?
When you say RO water. Do you mean bottle brought water?

Im researching things now trying to learn but alot of people suggest different stuff.
Some mention pozzani filters, some mention nitrate reactors

I wouldnt mind getting something i can plug onto my tap to add new water to my aquarium. I just dont want anything permenantly fitting under the sink etc because im live in rented housing.

Most bottled water is just somebody else's tap water-- which is fine if all you're going for is fewer nitrates. You could also get distilled water, but you would have to add minerals.

Reverse osmosis systems can be expensive. Plus the adding minerals thing.

I agree with the Culligan-style jug.

Most bottled water is just somebody else's tap water-- which is fine if all you're going for is fewer nitrates. You could also get distilled water, but you would have to add minerals.

Reverse osmosis systems can be expensive. Plus the adding minerals thing.

I agree with the Culligan-style jug.

Thanks for your reply.

This side of it is new to me but i want to get it right. Have you got any pics of culligan-style jug. Im not sure what it is. Or how expensive it will cost??

A quick Google search pulls up five gallon jugs for about $10.
Oh lol. I know what you mean now. I didnt know them as culligan jugs.not here in the uk.
Are you suggesting buying a jug of that water every week?
If so, was hoping for a long term invertment where i wouldnt have to spend too much money on a weekly basis if possible?

Do you know anything about pozzani filters?

Sorry I fell off the map. Been a roller coaster week.

Pothos in your hang on back, search diy algae scrubber on you tube, more FLOATING plants.

Sorry I fell off the map. Been a roller coaster week.

Pothos in your hang on back, search diy algae scrubber on you tube, more FLOATING plants.

Lol. No problem.
I have got a hang on the back filter.
I made an algae scrubber which worked on my old tank but it looked unsightly tbh. Ill gt some floating plants.

What do you think about pozzani filters?

Back
Top Bottom