Pet store corydora trilinitus ammonia burnt fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got a full grown cory from the lfs since it was all by its lonesome (someone had brought it in) and I noticed it has damage fins and ??anal fins?? In other words it looked like whoever had it before had substrate problems and the poor cory got ammonia burns all over its bottom area atm I've had it for a few months hoping it would heal but nothing so far it's fins that are attached to the barbs are not attached, it's anal fins are deformed as is its bottom tail fin apart from that it's healthy but I was wondering if it would ever heal

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is gunna be a pain but I will try she's very shy every time I try she swims away haha even though my other 10 corys don't mind me 2 much

Welps finaly got a picture she's a sneaky one....

Attachments

• 1427670047654.jpg
    1427670047654.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 1427670063630.jpg
    1427670063630.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 56
i think your new addition should heal up just fine, given good water conditions and a happy group of its own kind.

that is a nice pickup, when you can take a fish out of a bad situation and give it a proper home. good for you. (y)(y)

Hehe thx =) problem is I've had her for about...3-4 months I think water conditions are great and keeping her with my group of 10ish cories hard to tell how many cuz new ones keep appearing >.>

I just see reddish fins.. nothing too bad there, i agree with thingfish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i can't really tell what's going on in the photo, but at the very least you took a fish out of a bad situation and gave it a chance. may have been permanent damage done but at least youre maximizing its chances.

Nah fins aren't red prob lighting the only thing I'm talking about is its fins were they connect to the barbell they aren't connected and was wondering if they would ever reconnect if that makes any sense =)

Thank u thing fish =) I had to grab her was to lonely by herself!

Back
Top Bottom