Pet store and Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jobin13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all,
Just found out that the last plant I added contained Ich and it infected my whole tank... I was in a rush so I just threw it in my tank, i.e. never did a bleach dip, so it wouldn't die in the bag (Don't really know what I was thinking there) and left for the weekend. Came back today and my entire community tank is covered in Ich, and I lost 8 fish...and 3 more are in the tequila spins. I removed the dead fish and quarantined the dying. I know this won't cure them but I just don't want them to die in the main tank and sit there while I'm at work.

My water parameters are okay:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
pH:7.6
kh: 4
gh: 2

Does anyone know if there is a warranty process behind this? They knowingly sold me the plant knowing the fish in connected tanks had ich but never told me. I've never seen ich kill so many fish so quickly :( ... Should I make a claim I've lost about $100 in fish so far with more to go?

P.S. I'm currently treating with Marineland Ick Remedy and 25% water changes since I could not find Kordon Ich attack in any LFS. Is there anything else I could be doing?

Might be worth a try. If you still have your plant sales slip and if you have bought a lot of fish there before, the manager might show some mercy. Petco and pet smart have pretty good return policies on their fish. Don't get your hopes up.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom