ph problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:( help wanted i set up tank using tapwater tested ph after a month it was 7.2 i wanted a ph of 6.5 so used ph6.5 conditioner tested water 2 weeks later and testkit read ph9.0 can anyone help

what kind of substrate or ornaments do you have in there? Also you could try pH down, which helps lower your pH.

i use medium gravel searock driftwood and external filter sponge carbon media i am wondering if ph condioner has affected true test reading

?

If you have fish in that tank and the pH is 9 (OK for Lake Tanganyika cichlids), you should have a lot of casualties. I'm thinking that your reading is erroneous. What kind of test do you have? I use the DocWellfish (also Hagen) test solution. If you're using strips, those are often inaccurate. Try another test--perhaps borrow it from an LFS if you know the staff well enough.

What does the word "searock" refer to in your last post? Is that a rock from the sea (basalt?), or is the gravel made from rock (limestone/coral), or does it refer to the driftwood? If it's the substrate you're using, it's possible that you could have an incredibly high reading, but doubtful...

sea rock in uk is sand coloured type sometimes called ocean rock i will get the water tested at petstore im sure the ph6.5 conditioner has affected the testkit[pondcaredry-tab testkit]

Back
Top Bottom