Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-22-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Phyton accident!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1116.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	307318
So I bought the Phyton hose for my new 63 gallons tank .... I had heard of stories of goldfish loosing an eye due to this but I though “I will be careful!” I went to check my bathroom for a second, just in case all the water was overflowing or something and when I was back to supervise the tank I found many scales in the water: my red Oranda Piesito has all this missing scales! I did not realise the succión was so powerful. He was very scared at first but after a few minutes he was asking for food and happy as always. I am really worried he could have some internal damage... or that all that wound could get infected. I have put some salt in the tank to “protect”. I am also going to be away for 2 whole days so I am a bit worried to leave him alone.
Shall I treat him with something? Shall I stay and cancel my 2 day trip? Am I overreacting over a small little scratch patch?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1119.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	307319What do you think?

Old 02-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you just did a water change go on your trip and enjoy.
The fact he got off the suction would seem to indicate he might be alright..
I wouldn't add anything but be ready to just change water again when you get back. Clean water will be the best for him and his boo boo IMO ..

^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thank you! I am a bit paranoid but I really felt very bad when I saw what had happened. He seems fine apart from the missing scales.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com