Pimafix and CO2 reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
Just for a share.

I have a serpae tetra with a white spot on the side, possibly a bit of fungus on a damaged scale - hard to say for sure.

Anyways dosed a full dose of Pimafix. The Pimafix must of hit the co2 reactor a few seconds later while I was looking down to switch on canister filters as I look back up and around the reactor were thousands of small bubbles floating up. At surface this was foaming up and spreading out from the tank.....

All I did was hop madly from one foot to the other with one hand on the co2 valve while waiting to see which won out. Of course i should have turned that off straight away but the valve is so sensitive it takes ages to get it where I want it. Sure there is a lesson there!

5 minutes later it was all back to near normal as the canister output cleared the bubbles / foam off surface and everything settled down.

This morning the tetras looked ok but have to have a good look tonight.

It's the exciting moments of fish keeping panic I live for....

Hard to tell as just before feeding time but can't see any white spots.

I've no idea why I bought serpae tetras now, they are so hard trying to count with the rosy barbs. The black mollies stand out so I can track them as I'm counting much easier.

Back
Top Bottom