Pineconing Female Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wade91789 said:
So sorry about your betta :/ she was pretty. Was just wondering how you euthanized her? I have a sick molly I might have to too.

Thank you. I did the temp shock with near frozen water. There's an article in the stickies section for the unhealthy fish forum you might want to read over it to see what works best for you.

Thank you. I did the temp shock with near frozen water. There's an article in the stickies section for the unhealthy fish forum you might want to read over it to see what works best for you.

Next time you euthanize you should just put the betta to sleep with clove oil and then kill the betta peacefully with vodka. Doing the temp shock euthanization is very stressful for a fish. If you knock them unconsceious with clove oil first it'll be a very peaceful death. Do a little more research on it. You'll see people say why the temp shock method isn't very good.

Bettafanatic said:
Next time you euthanize you should just put the betta to sleep with clove oil and then kill the betta peacefully with vodka. Doing the temp shock euthanization is very stressful for a fish. If you knock them unconsceious with clove oil first it'll be a very peaceful death. Do a little more research on it. You'll see people say why the temp shock method isn't very good.

I appreciate the advice. I went with what I had available at 7:30AM. As with most things some say its fine while others say no. It took less than 5 seconds literally which to me was better than her being in agony for another hour or longer while I found what I needed to use a different method.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I appreciate the kind way you took the best possible care until the end. Your fish are all very lucky and I'm sure they love you back!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Shellie. I've had to put down a couple of bettas in the past, and non-Betta fish as well. It's a decision we all have to make at some point. The process usually saddens me for a few days, but there's always a new betta in short order.

David

Thank you all for the advice & condolences. It seems silly to be attached to a fish but they do have personality & make me smile.

shellieca said:
Thank you all for the advice & condolences. It seems silly to be attached to a fish but they do have personality & make me smile.

Not silly at all! I believe that all life is equal so if its not silly to get attached to a dog then it's not silly to be attached to a fish either.

Back
Top Bottom