Platy Dead or Dying After Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nagel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so i got 2 micky mouse fish (name had some more 2 it but forgot) and i had them sit in the bag for like 3 hours then i did a 30%drip do not shock them and they did pretty well the first 2 days swam around ate some food and so i just looked over a couple of minutes ago and i see one of them at the top of the tank not move but not belly side up if you know what i mean it looks like he is a little responsive but not all there post if you know what 2 do or if they are gonna die(14 day guarentee)

its a 55g tank and i cycled it for about 5 weeks or so then i gave into impatience
and by water perimeters you mean ph and that stuff? if so my ph is around 8.5 or so and the other thing is less than .025 of ppm and heres a update the fish are both still alive and the one that was at the top moved to the bottom,when i turn their lights on they sorta wake up and when i put some food out they are all darting around still so its sorta confusing for me trying to figure out whats wrong.

and by water perimeters you mean ph and that stuff? if so my ph is around 8.5 or so and the other thing is less than .025 of ppm

Ok, the first thing you need to do is understand what the "stuff" is that you're checking for.

You need to know your readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. If any of these numbers is out of whack, it can kill your fish.

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

How did you cycle this tank?

Back
Top Bottom