Platy doing white poo??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys. I treated my tank for internal bacteria a few week ago. Ive just noticed my platy is still pooing white.
Is this internal parasite? If so, what shall i get from uk??
Ammonia.0
nitrite.0
nitrate. 40
Ph. 8

i have 3 zebra danios. 4 guppies and 1platty. In 110l tank

Also could you advise when to use carbon to remove the meds (how many days after using?)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi guys. I treated my tank for internal bacteria a few week ago. Ive just noticed my platy is still pooing white.
Is this internal parasite? If so, what shall i get from uk??
Ammonia.0
nitrite.0
nitrate. 40
Ph. 8

i have 3 zebra danios. 4 guppies and 1platty. In 110l tank

Also could you advise when to use carbon to remove the meds (how many days after using?)

Carbon can be used straight after finishing treatment to several days. Organics in the tank will gradually cause some meds to lose effectiveness so sometimes I've left it for a week until next water change and I can get into tank.

Are there any other signs to go with the white poop? Still eating / schooling well? Weight loss? More than a week sounds odd but could be just off colour as well.

Try soaking the food in straight up Metronidazole and feeding it. Its best to treat it internally if it is parasites.

Good luck, I hope your little buddy recovers! I just dealt with the same thing.

Carbon can be used straight after finishing treatment to several days. Organics in the tank will gradually cause some meds to lose effectiveness so sometimes I've left it for a week until next water change and I can get into tank.

Are there any other signs to go with the white poop? Still eating / schooling well? Weight loss? More than a week sounds odd but could be just off colour as well.

I have noticed weight lose. She did have fry about a month ago. Is this anything to do with it?

Try soaking the food in straight up Metronidazole and feeding it. Its best to treat it internally if it is parasites.

Good luck, I hope your little buddy recovers! I just dealt with the same thing.

Thankyou. Where can i get thos stuff from?

I have noticed weight lose. She did have fry about a month ago. Is this anything to do with it?

Water specs looked good so I think this is a good question on if parasites or something else. If she went downhill after birth that could be it if otherwise had been fine. If there had been anything introduced to tank (fish, plants) or other fish with problems could be parasites. Medicated fish flakes would be the best way to treat then as mentioned.

Water specs looked good so I think this is a good question on if parasites or something else. If she went downhill after birth that could be it if otherwise had been fine. If there had been anything introduced to tank (fish, plants) or other fish with problems could be parasites. Medicated fish flakes would be the best way to treat then as mentioned.

Ok. Thanks. Do you know where i can get this stuff from?

And how do fish actually get internal parasites??

I've started buying online and most stuff makes it. Depends where you are I find on what the lfs will stock.

The fish could of picked them up in the store off a dead fish or if they were expelled from another fish.

I've started buying online and most stuff makes it. Depends where you are I find on what the lfs will stock.

The fish could of picked them up in the store off a dead fish or if they were expelled from another fish.

Could you give me a few options to search for please?

Back
Top Bottom