Platy looks like a pine cone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abbyn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Platy recently got rid of parasite (small white worms) I am guessing this because the injuries on his body have healed. A couple weeks ago he was lying on the bottom of the tank for days. I was positive that I would loose him. But he was slowly becoming more active. Now I have a new problem. He is vary swollen and his scales are sticking out. The condition is only worsening. I'm wondering what this is? Could the open sores on his body allowed something else to get in? Dropsy? Or Is this an after effect of the parasite? He is acting pretty normal although he does spend a little more time around the bottom. Still eating like he used to. I've been adding aquarium salt. Any advise for how to proceed would be helpful.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

How much Epsom salt would you use? I have him in a ten gallon tank

I,honestly don't know. You could research salt baths where youmget find,better info. Not mush, I think, and the bath is a short one where you should monitor the fishes responses. I know you are dusy, but some further research will save you time in the long run.

I only know,this because I made the mistake myself and ultimately made things worth. Since you are catching it,fairly early, this,would be the best time to aggressively get in there! :lol:

I would really like to know what,the,outcome of,,success may be. Don't give up!, you can do it!

Thanks to everyone that responded. I put a pea in the tank but he doesn't seem too interested in eating it. Sad to say he is only getting worse. I added the Epsom salt a bit ago, hoping that will help him.

Thanks to everyone that responded. I put a pea in the tank but he doesn't seem too interested in eating it. Sad to say he is only getting worse. I added the Epsom salt a bit ago, hoping that will help him.

I hope it works out

Did you try de-shelling it and breaking it into bits? I'd skip feeding anything else to him just in case. The other option to try would be brine shrimp.

Is he pine-coning all over or just around the belly?

Um yeah I took the shell off and broke it up scales are sticking out everywhere but more severely around the belly

Okay. Thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom