platys laying at the bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mississaugafish27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys hows every1. my temperature went up like 5 degrees last night and my platies are acting strange. they are just hiding and laying at the bottom of the tank....What should i do to n=make it better. will my fish die... my water condition is perfect and amonia level is 0 and my ph is 7.5. help guys...and i managed to bring the temperature down to 75...thanks

the tank size is 5 gallon....i think they got stressed to the change of temp..the amonia is 0 and the nitrate is stable

i did cycle the tank..i have the fish for 1 week,,they where active, healthy, getting comfortable....its just that i bought a heater and set it up.....when i woke up this morning...i looked at the tank and feed the fish..only one came up for food...so i started to look around for others...then i loooked at the temp reader and it was at 83 degrees... so i saw my fish just chilling at the bottom....then tight away i did tests...all is fine...i think that the sudden water temp changed stressed them out......thanks for ur help bruins

mississaugafish27 said:
i did cycle the tank..i have the fish for 1 week,,they where active, healthy, getting comfortable....its just that i bought a heater and set it up.....when i woke up this morning...i looked at the tank and feed the fish..only one came up for food...so i started to look around for others...then i loooked at the temp reader and it was at 83 degrees... so i saw my fish just chilling at the bottom....then tight away i did tests...all is fine...i think that the sudden water temp changed stressed them out......thanks for ur help bruins

Anytime. But I'm just wondering if there are nitrites if there are no ammo or nitrates. That seems to be the only explanation...

Back
Top Bottom