please check pic and let me know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Could i gather your thoughts on what these white bits are on festives gills? Ich gill flukes or white spot. There has been flashing in tank thought velvet. These are first physical symptoms though.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110621_190452.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110621_190452.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 172
It doesn't look like ich to me; usually ich is smaller and looks more like grains of salt. Though with the flashing, it does sound like a parasite. I would begin an anti-parasitic treatment, or slowly raise temp and begin adding aquarium salt.

The spots look like normal coloration on the fish to me, are they something that wasn't there a week or two ago? Flashing is not always a parasite either so treating with meds is never the first place to start. Swings in PH, reaction to certain water conditioners, and high nitrates will also cause flashing.

I did think that they maybe natural colours to the festive as were there when i added him however this coincidently was when the flashing started in the tank??! So thought they could be something else due to the timing. Thanks for the advice i'll just have to watch his space for the moment

Back
Top Bottom