Please help! Black Moor got stuck on filter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbiefancyowner

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have already made several posts regarding my Black Moor and his health, as he is relatively new to the tank and has had a rough time with eating and being a little floaty. I've naturally watched over him the whole time and while he has drifted close to the filter, he never got caught as he did today. I walked into my room and saw that his entire right side was plastered to the filter, and he was still (making no attempts to move) the longest he could've been like that is half an hour. He didn't lose an eye, and they both look okay, but some of his scales look raised, and it looks like some may have possibly been removed. He's swimming a little funny and is extremely drifty, and keeps bumping into the bottom and the walls. I don't think he can use his right fin anymore to swim. I posted this as soon as I got him unstuck, so I will update if he seems to change at all

I've never had this happen and have no idea what to do, please help!

Also, if anyone knows how I can fix my intake tube so this doesn't happen again (I also have a small Oranda) that would be really helpful!

Cover the intakes with filter foam/aq sponge. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in your other post, he is likely suffering the effects of toxin exposure. Moors can be very sensitive to ammonia and nitrite (and nitrate). Providing super healthy water is the only thing you can really do here and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom