Please help. c.moori STILL not eating :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mound

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I'm really at a loss here.. w/o taking up too much space, a brief overview:

1. 125G tank, 81deg, ph=8.2, NH3=0, N02=0, N03=20, gH and Kh are acceptable range (didn't test today) weekly 25% water changes.

2. a little over a month ago, one of my 4" male c.moorii had some kind of injury behind his pectoral fin.. injury or external parasite, couldn't quite tell. slightly clamped fins, but healthy and loved to eat. Treated with 1 week of Melafix, no change, injury looked worse, redening, a red "stringy" thing coming from the site. Did a 30% water change. Fish still eating. Treated with 5 days of Maracyn2 in conjunction with Tank Buddies Parasite clear followed with a 50% water change. The visible injury completely healed but the fish has stopped eating.

3. observed the tank for a week, the fish still swims around, but shows no interest in food. after approx. 1.5 weeks, now the OTHER 4" male c.moorii
in the tank has stopped eating. Neither has any external signs of anything wrong, they don't look thin, they swim around, but are not interested in food. It's been a solid month since I've seen the one fish eat anything and 2 weeks for the other.

Am today in the third day of treating with CLOUT. (thinking being that it must be an internal parasite seeing as the other moorii has stopped eating) but as of yet, these two fish show no interest in food..

I'm running out of ideas here.. Anybody have any suggestions???

thanks

Back
Top Bottom