Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Exclamation Please Help. Cockroach poison got inside my tank, how do i handle it, fish look sick!

> my mom bombed the house today and i didn't know. i think it got inside my tank cause my fish is like half dead. How can i help him? How do i handle this? Please help!! i've put him in side a container for now but with the water from the tank. Should i buy spring water and put him there? D: Please help i don't want to lose him!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I would add carbon and do some big water changes. And... keep pesticides away from your tank!

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

can he last until tomorrow, fish stores close in 15 minutes here. HOw much carbon should i add?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

just put a bag in. for now, some 50-75% water changes would probably help... definitely won't hurt.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Just did another test. Ammonia is 1ppm D: should i add ammo chips?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

+1 on huge water change and loads of activated charcoal in the filter. Iw ould repalce all the media with pantyhose stockings full of charcoal after a 75% water change. If it were mine.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGotschall View Post
+1 on huge water change and loads of activated charcoal in the filter. Iw ould repalce all the media with pantyhose stockings full of charcoal after a 75% water change. If it were mine.

I put in about 1/2 cup and maybe 15 ammo chips to absorb a little bit of the ammonia (last night) today i found him swimming properly and swim near the surface Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it.

Tags
ick, sick, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com