Please help I have a sick bichir.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoganY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need help with my Senegal Bichir. Just a few minutes ago I noticed he has a red lump on his side. So far he is still swimming and eating normally. My water parameters are Ph 5.8 NO2 0 (NO3 60 Yes I know I will work on getting that down) GH 80-70 KH 10 Ammonia I don’t know but it should be fine I have great filtration. I have had the aquarium running for about 8 months and I have had the bichir for about 3 months and this is the first issue I have had. I feed my bichir hikari carnivore pellets. So far all I have noticed is the red lump and all my other fish are doing fine. I will post a picture please help me identify the issue and help me find a solution. If you think I need to separate him for treatment I have a 10g hospital tank just tell me what I need to do. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

http://imgur.com/3peCQ1x

3peCQ1x

Found it - how deep is that lump? Is it just on the skin or much deeper? Could it be from the belly? (Is he pooping ok?)

I would like to apologize for wasting your time. It looked like some kind of infection or something else serious. But to my surprise and relief it is rapidly healing, the bump is nearly nonexistent and the red is fading back to normal color. I appreciate your response.

Back
Top Bottom